Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Adley Makes Her Grand Entrance Into The World

Well It was Sunday September 16th I was due on the 19th. I was officially ready to have this baby. We woke up at 4am to take a friend to the airport. I was driving so I figured what better way to wake up than to take a shower and get dressed so I got up at 3am. I showered and dressed and got ready... here is the TMI part. Lets just say as was getting dressed my pants got a little damp... everyone know pregnant woman's bladder is not the best so I never thought my water broke. I mean come on less than 15% of women's water actually breaks I highly doubt I would be in that category. Drove to the airport as my husband slept and our friend was half awake half asleep in the back seat. Had contractions all the way there and all the way back. We stopped in cypress and picked up donuts, as soon as I ate the contractions stopped. Go Figure! We got home about 630 and slept till about 11. Within the rest of the day I walked over a mile in front of my house, cleaned up and organized around the house, did the everyday laundry, bounced on my exercise ball (This thing was my best friend I had some serious sciatic nerve pain and boy did sitting on this ball help). Finally it started raining and my husband and I were just enjoying the day we were standing out under the carport just talking about landscaping ideas etc. and watching it rain. It was dusk and starting to get dark. Finally I said lets get in the Jeep and go for a ride!! Heck it will either put me into labor or I will catch or give me pneumonia. So we hopped in the jeep and rode around for about an hour!!! It was so much fun we really enjoy riding in the jeep! We got back to the house and I was going to take a shower because I was soaked in rain water. As I got undressed my water broke. Yes, I was part of that 15% whose water actually breaks! After I finished showering and getting dressed I called a friend to make sure thats what I thought It really was. I straightened my hair and made sure everything was packed. I told Jason and my grandmother to get in the truck, but I WAS DRIVING. I like to drive everywhere and there was nothing different today. We headed to the hospital entered through the ER. Where we seen Jasons Aunt Diana and Uncle Mike who where there with her mom. They made me ride in a wheel chair upstairs! And yep for sure my water broke! We were staying! They started me on some pitocin and we waited for Adley to get here. Here is a picture of me in our drive way at 38 weeks!!!!



She didn't arrive until the next morning around 11.
All of the fears, questions, and worries I had didn't matter anymore because she was here and she was the most beautiful little girl I ever seen. She immediately stole my heart. She is perfect.
Here is her at the Hospital...



Here she is 7 days old!


Here she is again at 3 weeks old!



Ok! Now that she is here we can move on to the cleft Journey. The "NAM"!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous adley!!!! I still love how you drove YOURSELF to the hospital!!!!

    ReplyDelete