Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Catching Up... Where does time go?

Ok so I fell of the band wagon on writing blogs and Im trying to hop back on again. So here we go!

Since I have last talked to you many many things have happened.

Adley healed great! Her repair looks fabulous. She did push a few stitches out with her tongue so she has a little notch in her lip but you cant tell very much.

In March, Adley had tubes put in her ears! They have been wonderful no ear infections since, and we were getting them every two weeks.

Adley is crawling, standing, trying her hardest to walk as well as babbling a lot.

Monday she turned 9 months old and is officially wearing 12 month clothes. Where did my baby go? Wow! Time has flown. We went for her 9 month appointment and our pediatrician Dr. Karr says she is perfect! She just loves laughing at Dr. Karr! So glad we have a great Pediatrician.

Adley has moved completely to a sippy cup! This is required for palate repair with our doctor.

Now on to the big discussion about palate repair...

So at the beginning of June I was trying to set some dates for us to go camping with our neighbors and take a couple other weekend trips over the summer. As well as what to do for our anniversary which is August 14th. So I called the cleft team and asked if there was anyway I could go ahead and get a date so I could make these plans. And if for some reason the date fell within the dates we wanted to go I wouldn't even worry about booking a trip or making plans. So they were ok with giving me the date of August the 5th! Wahoo! We have a date! Oh but a date makes it all so real. It makes your stomach churn just a little. You never want you poor little baby to be in pain. But I have a date so I can not plan a getaway for our anniversary! (She is totally worth missing out this year, dinner will be just fine) I have plenty of time to get prepared with a date!! We were at the hospital 6 hours for lip repair and I backed 3 yep thats right 3 bags! I just wanted to make sure I had everything. This is a 3-4 day stay! SOMEONE JUST BRING ME A UHAUL... :)

THEN YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

The very next day! Yes the day after I get a date! I get a post card in the mail stating the hospital (Childrens Memorial Herman)  and our insurance company (BCBSTX) have been in contract negotiations and cant seem to come to an agreement! Which means the hospital my doctor would use or normally uses would be considered out of network if we used them!!! WHAT?? Talk about stress a mamma out! So after contacting the doctor they did figure out a back up plan. We would use a different local children's hospital! Thank goodness we have a back up plan!

Yesterday 6-18-13 CMH Hospital called and said that they wanted to go ahead and preregister Adley for surgery. I asked if they came to an agreement yet and she said no not yet. UGH! But that sometimes if they do end up dropping each other that both sides will agree to go ahead with already planned surgeries and the In-Network cost. That would be fabulous! But I still would feel better if they would just come to an agreement already.

So there is a quick update for the last almost 5 months!!!


Now here is the BEST part of every blog update, Pictures!












No comments:

Post a Comment